The Royal Castle Warsaw (Zamek Królewski w Warszawie) is the one of the greatest tourist attractions in Warsaw and in Poland. It was not only the main Royal Residence but also the seat of the Parliament of the Polish – Lithuanian Commonwealth. Castle had withessed many events of Polish history. During the guided tour through the intertiors our guide will tell you the very interesting history and events that shaped the castle nowadays.
The Royal Castle guided tour through interiors takes about 1,5 hour.
In the Castle you can visit:
- The Great Apartment – the official royal chambers, where the King organized audiences, meetings, balls and waiting rooms in front of the Throne Hall.
- Apartments of King Stanisław August Poniatowski –
where the King’s private rooms are located – you can see a bedroom, study room, dressing room, royal dining room – we can move in time to the second half of the 18th century.
- Canaletto Room (Pokój Canaletta) with Canaletto paintings survived during The World War. That room was the most important antechamber in the King’s Apartment. Nowadays, we can see here original paintings painted by the royal painter Bernardo Bellotto – known as Canaletto.
- Chapel of King Stanisław August (Kaplica Króla Stanisława Augusta) designed by Dominik Merlini, where we can see the oryginal King’s sword and sceptre.
- Parliamentary Chambers – the New Deputies’ Chamber and the New Senators’ Chamber – where the first European Constitution was signed on May 3, 1791.
- and many other chambers
Details about guided tour in Warsaw Royal Castle:
Guided tours are possible in grups up to 30 people.
Groups with a guide are required to use headsets, which are rented for 5,00 PLN per person.
- regular rate – 30,00 pln
- reduced rate – 20,00 pln
- children aged up to 16 – 1,00 pln
- group ticket (per person): regular – 25,00 pln, reduced – 15,00 pln, children aged up to 16 – 1,00 pln
* family with children under 17 years old.
On Wednesday admission free of charge.